Lianne Keemink (www.theselfhelphipster.com) and Andrew Chin (www.andrewchin.co) sit down and talk about Grit, the great book on Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth. They find out that Grit just might be the key to unlocking the pathway to the next stage in life where the magic happens. While they are at it, they also manage to talk about their pop culture pleasures and their current obsessions. Enjoy the show!
- ASMR Clip
- My time on BNR- where Roelof played a clip of our podcast for all the listeners out there!
Book of the Month
- Grit, by Angela Duckworth! You can buy the Dutch version of the book here*, and the English version here*(and it's 5 euro's cheaper).
- Grit: "The passion & perseverance of long-term goals"
- Do you wanna do the Grit-scale? Find it here*!
- You can read more about The Hard Thing Rule here.
"I've never really viewed myself as particularly talented. Where I excel is ridiculous, sickening work ethic. [...] The only thing that I see that is distinctly different about me is: I'm not afraid to die on a treadmill. I will not be outworked, period. You might have more talent than me ,you might be smarter than be, you might be sexier than me. You might be all of those things. You got it on me in nine categories. But if we get on the treadmill together, there's two things: You're getting off first, or I'm going to die. It's really that simple."
- Will Smith
- Because Angela quotes Will Smith, I mention The Red Table with Will Smith, which you can watch it here*.
- Growth Mindset vs Fixed Mindset
"The one thing I want from life is that when it's over, I didn't squander the potential that I had."
Pop Culture Pleasures
- Haunting of Hill House (Lianne): SUCH A GOOD SHOW. So gripping and creepy.
- Billions (Andrew): ShowTime show about HedgeFund guys, you can watch it via Ziggo Go!
- Sex Education: That show is SO amazing.
- Andrew's is becoming a better version of himself
- ...Mine is lemon merengues
Some Book Plugging Because I Do Too Little Of it
- Havent' bought my book yet?? Should you still want to do so, please do so here*, or leave a review on bol.com or Goodreads! I really appreciate it.
*Affiliate links; should you buy Grit or my own book I get a small commission.